An important goal for most clients is the effective transfer of your wealth to your heirs. We help families better control gifts to children and grandchildren while striving to deliver the highest degree of wealth disposition to succeeding generations.
Custom Wealth Transfer Strategies
The wealth transfer strategies we develop for you are specific to you and your family’s goals. Our trust and tax specialists average over 20 years of experience and tap into a full range of trust vehicles to find the best solutions for you. Our solutions can include one or more of the following strategies:
- Dynasty Trusts can last hundreds of years, providing a vehicle to pass assets from one generation to the next, free of estate tax, gift tax and generation skipping tax.
- Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Exempt Trusts insulate assets from the generation-skipping tax.
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRAT) allow assets remaining at the end of the GRAT term pass to beneficiaries free of gift tax.
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts remove life insurance proceeds from your estate for estate tax purposes.
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRT) allow you to pass a residence to heirs at a future date (when the QPRTHI S term ends) using the present value of the residence for gift tax purposes.
- Qualified Terminable Interest Property Trusts qualify for the federal estate tax marital deduction so that no estate tax is payable when assets pass to the trust.
- Special Needs Trusts provide additional funds for a disabled individual in areas not covered by governmental benefits, without jeopardizing or reducing those benefits.
- 2503(c) Minor’s Trusts allow a minor child to receive and retain annual tax-free gifts in trust until the child reaches age 21.
Fiduciary Trust's new capabilities brochure provides you with a comprehesive overview of our breadth and depth of wealth management services, our investment management philosophy and approach, and our firm's history and heritage.
Please complete the form below, and we will be happy to mail you a copy.