Helping clients and their families integrate their philanthropic goals into long-term financial plans is an important part of our services at Fiduciary Trust. In addition to supporting causes in need, charitable giving can also provide tax and estate planning benefits to donors.
Maximizing Charitable Contributions
Determining which of the many charitable vehicles makes sense for your situation requires careful planning. Your portfolio manager and estate planning team will recommend the most appropriate giving strategy based on your wishes and situation. Some of the more common options we may employ include one or a combination of the following:
- Private foundations maintain or aid social, educational, religious or other charitable activities serving the common welfare, primarily through the making of grants.
- Donor-advised funds enable the donor to recommend gifts to various charitable organizations while providing advantageous income tax and other benefits.
- Fiduciary Trust Charitable Giving Fund provides grants to any qualified charity.
- Charitable remainder trusts allow donations of appreciated assets on a tax-favored basis, while maintaining an income stream for the donor.
- Charitable lead trusts provide an immediate benefit for the charity via annual income, while heirs receive the remainder interest at the end of the trust’s term.
Fiduciary Trust's new capabilities brochure provides you with a comprehesive overview of our breadth and depth of wealth management services, our investment management philosophy and approach, and our firm's history and heritage.
Please complete the form below, and we will be happy to mail you a copy.