Now more than ever, clients are relying on the important role fixed income investments can provide them—from a stable source of income to the opportunity to diversify and protect capital. At Fiduciary Trust, our extensive team of analysts, including a network of Franklin Templeton professionals around the globe, seeks to maximize income while carefully managing credit quality and risk.
Extensive Global Resources
Over 100 global fixed income professionals, 16 sector investment analysts and 34 credit analysts provide the deep analytics we need to find the bond securities with the best risk and return profile for each client.
Providing Income and Diversification
Fixed income investing at Fiduciary Trust enlists multiple layers of specialists and teams. Our fixed income professionals are dedicated to specific areas of fixed income investing, and bring specialized knowledge together into a comprehensive view for our clients.
We utilize both a strategic and tactical focus to ensure that fixed income sectors along the yield curve are analyzed on an after-tax basis to identify relative value and investment opportunities. We apply four primary levels of analysis to a client’s portfolio:
1. Fixed Income Policy Committee
- Continually evaluates economic fundamentals
- Develops a portfolio framework based on our most current thinking
- Establishes our fixed income investment policy
2. Credit Analysts
Analyze the fundamentals of industries and issuers around the globe
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of bond issuers
- Put forth opinions about the relative value of specific securities
- Monitor market conditions and new issue
- Recommend trades based on relative value
- Provide positive feedback and market intelligence to our municipal investment team
4. Quantitative Analysts
- Analyze all sectors of the U.S. and global bond markets, providing the basis for duration, sector, and maturity selection
- Recommend inter-market sector selection
- Calculate portfolio tracking errors and identify the largest potential risks
- Conduct performance attribution
Your portfolio manager’s goal is to build a highly customized fixed income portfolio for you, while keeping a tax-efficient focus. We believe this can be achieved with additional levels of review. Current inter-market review screens and intra-sector evaluations aid your portfolio manger in selecting the most appropriate securities with your tax situation in mind. Both ordinary income and capital gains taxes are considered in devising an approach to maximize each client’s net after-tax return.Request a Brochure
Fiduciary Trust's new capabilities brochure provides you with a comprehensive overview of our breadth and depth of wealth management services, our investment management philosophy and approach, and our firm's history and heritage.
Please complete the form below, and we will be happy to mail you a copy.